Friday, November 19, 2010

Pan-Fried Green Beans



Ever heard of Pan-Fried Green Beans? If not, here's a very simple recipe! 


I decided along with my Jack Daniels Sweet and Spicy Turkey Breast I'd fix some Pan-Fried Green Beans. I've been eating these since I was kid. My Grandma, Dad's side, plants a garden every year so fresh vegetables have never been in short supply in the family. She also cans a good portion of the vegetables.

This summer I finally got a chance to go and help pick and can some green beans. I had such a good time getting to be in the kitchen with my Grandma. I got to learn a little about canning and the patience one must have. All the waiting wasn't wasted though. Gave us a chance to kinda catch up on things. We talked about other foods she cooks and about how I was starting this blog. She's a real inspiration and I'm so glad we can share the love for cooking. As I grew up I always watched her cook and looked so forward to going to her house for meals. I hope that someday I get a chance to cook again with her so I could learn all her tricks and get the family recipes down. She makes some of the best comfort foods! I can't wait till Thanksgiving and Christmas! 

For this recipe I used some of the canned green beans from this summer, which are SO much better than store bought! The recipe I have below is a very simple version, and just one way of many, to make Pan-Fried Green Beans. Sometimes I actually cook bacon and use the fat instead of butter. Other times I've added a little splash of Worcestershire Sauce or Steak Sauce to give them a little kick.

Enjoy!




Pan-Fried Green Beans           [Printable Recipe]


Serving:         2-4


Ingredients:

  • 2 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
  • 30-32 oz canned green beans or equivalent fresh green beans
  • 1 medium onion
  • 2 Tablespoons real bacon bits
  • salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Heat butter or oil in a skillet.
  2. Saute onion until tender. Add green beans, bacon bits, and salt & pepper.
  3. Cook over medium heat until green beans are soft and begin to caramelize.
  4. Serve while hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Blog! Your recipes are certainly some I will try!

Chadi said...

You are welcome! Thanks for stopping by! Check back soon! More posts and recipes to come!