Sunday, May 19, 2013

Simple Veggie Pasta

Spring 2012
When I set out to cook a simple, healthy and quick dinner the other night this photo was the inspiration. I was dead set on remaking this dish even if I couldn't remember exactly how I made it. I bought the ingredients I knew I used with hopes I could recreate the dish. It didn't happen and I'll still be damned if I can remember how I made that dish above! I will try again! 


I came across these beautiful yellow tomatoes so I had to give them a try.
Even though the dish didn't turn out as I wanted, it was still delicious. Once I realized it wasn't going to turn out like I wanted, I got creative. I substituted the Feta cheese for Parmesan because I had some to use up. I also decided to add some other ingredients I had sitting around in the kitchen. What I created was a simple, somewhat healthy and quick dinner that was delicious. 

Without further ado here is the recipe for a taste bud party with fresh tomatoes and asparagus being the VIP guests. 




Simple Veggie Pasta

Ingredients:

10 ounces Sunburst or Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 lb Asparagus
1 medium Onion 
1 clove Garlic, minced
juice of 1 Lemon
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, extra for topping
4 Tablespoons Butter or Olive Oil
1/4-1/2 cup dry to semi-dry white wine 
1 teaspoon dry parsley or equivalent fresh
dash of salt
dash of pepper
2 cups dry pasta, cooked

Directions:

1. Saute onion in 1 Tablespoon Butter. Cut tomatoes in half, chop asparagus and mince garlic while onion cooks. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes.
2. Add white wine, lemon juice and asparagus. Cook until asparagus is almost done.
3. Add tomatoes and cook just until tender. Add cheese, remaining butter, parsley and salt/pepper.
4. Cook until cheese is melted and serve over pasta. Top with cheese and enjoy!

No comments: