Saturday, April 19, 2014

30 Acts of Kindness

As I continue working on the re-launch here at Creandé I thought I would give you a post. This is a special post and part of the reason the re-launch is delayed. Over the course of the last month I've been racking my brain, researching and putting together a somewhat secret project to celebrate my 30th birthday. While a few things started early, on April 16th I spent the entire day doing acts of kindness. 30 acts to be exact. I did what I could to make this a social project because I wanted to inspire people and share this grand day as I went along. If you follow me on Instagram, I'm sure you saw the pictures. 

April 16th 2014 was the best day of my life thus far. It wasn't the best day because it was my birthday, but because I spent my birthday with so many people. Let me rephrase that, so many happy people. It was truly rewarding to share happiness with others. I can't express enough how wonderful the day was. I highly recommend taking some time and resources to do good for others. The reaction from people will be the most priceless moments in life. The world needs more kindness. I have decided this will not be a thing I just did once. The amount in one day was a one time thing, but I will do acts of kindness randomly and often. :-)

Since I've been gone from Creandé for a bit and I'm working on the "come back" I thought I would share a little something. Here are the acts of kindness!


1. I sent/handed out 30 notes of thanks to the 30 most influential people in my life.
2. Tape money to a vending machine.
3. Pay for someone's coffee. I purchased a $5 gift card and had the barista put it towards the next persons order.

4. A letter and flowers (delivered by my best friend) to my parents.
5. Pay for someone's lunch. I almost didn't think this was going to happen. No one came behind me in the drive through. Thankfully the person in front of me had to wait a few minutes for their food. A man pulled up behind me and I paid for his lunch. The cashier was thrilled that I was doing something so nice.

6. Give 30 hugs and pass out cards asking them to pay it forward. I started this on Tuesday at work. People were thrilled to get a hug. Sometimes that's all someone needs to make their day great.

7. A special "Thank You" to someone who has become a very important and special part of my life.

8. A special letter and treat for my best friend. Her and I have been through thick and thin. We've changed, but out love for one another has only gotten stronger. One of her favorite cravings is this Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Chambord Ganache.


9. Donate clothing.


10. A letter and flowers (delivered by my best friend) to Grandma R.


11. A special thank you to my parents for the world to see. ;-) For their 25th wedding anniversary a few years back I created a video. This is a snapshot from that video. I posted the actual video for my friends and family. 


12. A letter and flowers to my Grandma and Grandpa D.


13. Post an inspirational quote in a public place. This one was posted on a washer door at a local laundromat. 

14. Post an inspirational quote in a public place. This one was left on someone's car. :-)


15. Post an inspirational quote in a public place. This one chosen by my best friend, was posted on a Redbox kiosk. Fitting, right?


16. Post an inspirational quote in a public place. This one was left on a gas pump.


17. This quote was left in a book that I donated.

18. One last quote was left in the ladies room, posted by my best friend. ;-)


19. Hand a stranger a bouquet of flowers.


20. Donate books. I don't own many physical books so I donated what I could. 


21. A special thank you to everyone for all the follows, like and comments. This included everyone who reads this blog. Thank you!


22. Donate to a local homeless shelter. For this I baked two Dutch Apple Pies for their Easter Dinner this weekend.


23. Donate to the AIDS Task Force Pantry. A friend of mine had a Pantry Party and I made this small donation.


24-27. I visited a local nursing home to hand out some bouquets and baseball caps.  As a bonus to me I got to spend the time with many people including my two beautiful cousins! 


28. I visited a local organization called Turnstone. This was my first stop of the day. This was the highlight of my day. I donated this vase of fresh flowers and bowl of fresh fruit to the Adult Services program. I was greeted by a small group of clients/staff. I briefly talked about how I was spending my day. They sang Happy Birthday to me and said how thankful they were. It was priceless. Thank you SO much to them!


29. This was a random act that left two ladies very happy and thankful. I walked in and got change for a $5 bill. Handed it to two ladies who were just about to put money in the washing machine. :-D


30. To end the day I had planned a get together for friends over martinis. After they sang Happy Birthday, since I had their attention, I gave a toast to all of them. Those present and those that weren't. My friends are the best so they deserved an act of kindness! 

And that is it. All 30 acts of kindness. I am so very thankful to have spent the day making others happy. It goes down as the best of my life. Never hesitate to give, share happiness and live!

Cheers to the future!

Stay tuned here at Creandé for the re-launch on May 1st!

No comments: