Sunday, August 8, 2010

Caramel Frappulicious Cupcakes

I wanted to try something new with a cupcake so I got a recipe and made it my own. I wanted to do a coffee flavored cupcake. I LOVE coffee! lol So I got this coffee cupcake recipe and decided to go with a caramel flavor. I changed the recipe a bit to make it a little richer in flavor. I do however still need to do some work on the recipe. It did turn out decent but I want it to be better! I made some homemade whipped cream and caramel for the topping. The coffee flavor, I think, needs to be a little stronger and I don't think I'll use coffee grinds as the recipe calls for. I would also like to infuse more caramel flavor. Have caramel more present than just on the top. Maybe a caramel filling? I'll post next time I make them and I will post the recipe once I get it completed!

Also, I happened to take some of these to dinner last night. They were well liked. But than can be even better with a lil more work! The Vanilla Bean Cupcakes were a sure HIT! They were all gone! They are just too good to leave sit! hehe Thanks to all who tried them both last night!

Here are a few pics...



1 comment:

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

These look delicious, especially the drizzle on top. Sorry they weren't as good as you wanted, but I'm sure you'll find the perfect balance if you keep playing with the recipe. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. You're welcome there anytime. One thing that's helped me stick with blogging is thinking that it might encourage other bakers/bloggers starting out like I was a year ago.